CleanFUEL USA ® is the leading global manufacturer of certified and approved alternative fuel equipment for propane autogas. We are recognized throughout the world by fleet managers, fuel equipment manufacturers, and distributors for a "Total Alternative Fuel Solution" that offers superior economic and environmental advantages. We also provide reliable, user-friendly and technologically advanced dispensing products.
A visionary company founded in 1993, CleanFUEL was the first in the U.S. industry to develop liquid propane fuel injection systems. For over 20 years, the firm has maintained a reputation for providing safe, reliable, and cost-effective vehicles, stations, and dispensers that comply with environmental regulations.
Offering turnkey fuel and refueling infrastructure solutions, propane-powered engine systems and conversions, and fleet management programs, CleanFUEL helps customers take advantage of U.S.-produced propane fuel to drive down the costs and emissions related to transportation of goods and services across the country. The company is also in the process of building the nation's largest autogas refueling network.
As research and development continues to be a core company function, customers reap big benefits with CleanFUEL's consistent leading edge position in the alternative fuels industry. The company is poised to lead the way to continuous improvement in fuel options, equipment technologies, and fleet management.
CleanFUEL is headquartered in Georgetown, Texas with vehicle engineering offices in Wixom, Michigan.
- Curtis Donaldson founds Clean Fueling Technology (CFT), headquartered in Georgetown, Texas.
- CFT replaces Conoco propane dispensers in Denver, Colorado with Gilbarco dispensers, which marks the beginning of a decade long relationship with Gilbarco and initiates an up-fit business.
- CFT forms a partnership with Thermogas, a retail propane division of Mapco, to explore a nationwide approach to propane motor fuel sales.
- CleanFUEL USA (CFUSA) is founded with the idea of strategically installing 24-hour fuel stations in metropolitan markets.
- CFUSA places its first stations in Denver, Colorado with the acquisition of six stations from Conoco.
- CFUSA builds seven stations in Phoenix, Arizona.
- CFUSA establishes stations with Delta Liquid Energy in Southern California.
- Company expands with creation of CleanFUEL India.
- The first E85 dispenser ships to Monsanto in Grand Island, Nebraska. Rick Richard, former CEO of Columbia Energy, joins CFUSA as Chairman of the Board.
- CleanFUEL USA moves to a new manufacturing facility at 116 Halmar Cove in Georgetown, Texas.
- Company continues to expand with creation of CleanFUEL Argentina.
- CFUSA sells over 3,000 GM 8.1L, LPI vehicles across the US and Canada.
- GM announces they will withdraw from the medium duty truck market and therefore cease production of the 8.1L engine.
- CFUSA suffers a devastating fire at the Georgetown manufacturing facility but continues to operate out of a temporary location.
- GM begins production of the propane autogas G4500.
- Company is the first in autogas industry to earn global certification for Gilbarco® Encore® S LPG retail dispenser.
- Secured United Parcel Service (UPS) contract to purchase 1,000 propane package delivery trucks and install an initial 55 fueling stations across the US. The investment in propane vehicles and infrastructure totaled approximately $70 million.
Board of Directors
Curtis Donaldson, Managing Director and Founder
After graduating from Texas A&M University with a BBA in Management in 1981, Donaldson was commissioned a 2nd Lt. in the US Army. Following his service, Mr. Donaldson spent over 10 years with Conoco. After leaving Conoco, he started his own company, Clean Fueling Technologies (CFT) which specialized in alternative fuel infrastructure equipment manufacturing. In 1999, he initiated CleanFUEL USA to begin networking alternative fuels stations in targeted markets.
CleanFUEL USA now offers both infrastructure and engine fuel solutions for propane autogas. CleanFUEL continues to offer their CFT line of autogas dispensers as well as the UL listed, Gilbarco Encore. They are responsible for several successful OEM engine programs with GM and Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation as well as Collins and Thomas Built Bus and also distribute aftermarket engine kits. Clean Fuel USA is headquartered in Georgetown, TX and also has an office in Wixom, Michigan.
Mr. Donaldson has served on the Propane Education and Research Council as both a Council Member and on the Agriculture Advisory Committee and the Engine Fuel Advisory Committee. Also he served as Chairman Emeritus & Board member of the National Ethanol Vehicle Coalition from 2004 to 2006. The Department of Energy's Clean Cities Group awarded him the Alternative Fuel "Hero" Award and his company received the DOE award for Alternative Fuel Exporter of the Year. He currently serves as Vice Chairman of the International Leadership of Texas Charter School in Garland, Texas and has been named to the Valley Mills ISD Educational Foundation. He has four children and considers family and basketball as his hobbies.
Rick Richard, Chairman
Oliver G. “Rick” Richard, III
Mr. Richard was Chairman, President and CEO of Columbia Energy Group until its acquisition
Henry Harmon, Board Member
Dr. Harmon has been a part of the Appalachian exploration industry for 30 years, leading one of the most skilled teams of professionals in an effort to expand and develop the boundaries of the eastern producing Basins. He now serves as President and CEO of Triana Energy, Highlands Drilling and Mudarra Services. Harmon founded Triana Energy in 2000 and also served as President and CEO of Union Drilling, Inc. from 2000 to 2003. He had previously worked within the Columbia Energy Group for 22 years, where he served as President and CEO of several of its non-regulated energy subsidiaries, including Columbia Natural Resources. Under his leadership, Columbia Natural Resources grew from a valuation of approximately $300 million to its ultimate sale in November 2005 for nearly $3.2 billion.
Harmon holds a Bachelor of Science Degree from West Virginia University Institute of Technology, a Master of Science Degree in Management from The American College and a Ph.D. in Economics from The Union Institute in Cincinnati, Ohio. He also has earned the professional credentials of Certified Public Accountant and Certified Management Accountant. In 2006 he was awarded an Honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Charleston, and had previously been recognized by the West Virginia Institute of Technology as its Outstanding Alumni of the Year. He served for six years on the board of directors of the 5th District Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, where he filled the role of chair of the Audit Committee and the Bank Operations Committee. He also currently serves as trustee for The University of Charleston and The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation.
OEM Sales Position
CFUSA has an immediate opening for an experienced, hi-energy, disciplined professional sales person. CFUSA products include propane autogas fuel station equipment and vehicular fuel injection systems currently serving GM, Freightliner Custom Chassis, Thomas Built and Collins Bus and Allied Specialty Vehicle companies. Sales would be generated from calling on various types of regional and national fleets and pushing sales through various OEM dealers. The position also includes up-selling and supporting the fleets with our modern propane autogas refueling stations and equipment.
A mechanical understanding of engines, pumps, motors and metering plus general knowledge of propane autogas is a benefit. The position would require 2-3 weeks per month travel.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.